Makes one 9″ quiche which is gluten free since there is no crust.
Depending on how you serve it, here’s the calorie breakdown:
a) 4 servings = 150 calories per piece
b) 6 servings = 100 calories per piece
c)…sometimes I eat half = 300 calories – hey, no judging here : )
2 Tbsp Go Veggie – Parmesan Grated Cheese (60 cal)
3/4 cup skim (64 cal)
2/3 cup Go Veggie – Mozzarella Style Shreds (~ 187 cal)
3 eggs (210 cal)
3 egg whites (62 cal)
1 medium zucchini diced (~18 cal)
…pepper, garlic powder, cajun seasoning
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ pie plate. I use some olive oil.
2. In a lightly greased skillet* over medium heat, add zucchini pieces, pepper, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning. (Or frankly, add whatever seasonings you love. This is one rare recipe where I don’t add salt because our cajun seasoning has a lot of salt in it. However, don’t get used to this…I love salt. Just saying.)
3. After your zucchini has cooked down and smells yummy and is fork tender (but not too mushy), remove from the heat to cool.
4. In a large bowl (because I always spill when I stir haha), add milk, mozzarella cheese, 1 Tbsp parm cheese (save other tbsp for the end), eggs and egg whites. Whisk together.
5. Fold in zucchini that has cooled down a bit.
6. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp of parm cheese on top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the ‘ole toothpick-in-the-center-trick, comes out clean and your quiche is NOT jiggly like a Jell-o mold.
*So we cook with cast-iron skillets in this house and I swear it has made my cooking a million times better. I highly recommend a cast-iron skillet and I’m more than happy to answer any questions/comments about what kind : )
**I’ve tried to make this and freeze and re-heat…the result is a soggy/watery mess. So I will be working on this and getting back to you haha.