(Makes 12 muffins – 172 calories each)
1/3 cup olive oil (636 cal)
1/2 cup maple syrup (420 cal)
1 large egg, at room temperature (72 cal)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt fat-free, at room temperature (65 cal)
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (18 cal)
1 1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour GLUTEN FREE (840 cal)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium) (~18 cal) (Cool tip- shred it and then squeeze it out in a paper towel- gets the extra water out : )
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C) and grease a muffin pan that holds 12 (or use liners- I used paper liners).
2. Whisk the oil, maple syrup, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together in a medium bowl until combined.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Avoid overmixing.
5. Fold in the zucchini. (The batter should be pretty thick and not watery.)
6. Fill each muffin cup all the way to the top.
7. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F (218°C) then, keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C) and continue to bake for an additional 13-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
**I make these and freeze whatever we don’t eat. It’s awesome pulling one of these babes out of the freezer in the early fall!**