Makes 2 pizzas
~ (8 slices total/4 slices per pie) ~
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
1 can crushed tomatoes
Dough – Part One
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 packet yeast
2 tsp sugar
Dough – Part Two
3 1/4 Gluten free All-Purpose flour
3/4 Gluten free cornmeal
2 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 Tbsp melted butter
8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 9″ pie pan.
2. Make the sauce. In a sauce pan add all the ingredients and simmer until it ‘cooks down’ a little bit…about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set to the side.
3. Combine the ‘dough – part one’ ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Combine the ‘dough – part two’ ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until all combined.
5. Add ‘part one’ ingredients to ‘part two.’ Kneed for a few minutes*.
6. Oil a bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the bowl after turning several times to cover dough with oil on all sides.
7. Cover bowl with a towl and let rest for 1 hour.
8. Uncover dough and cut in half.
9. Place half of the dough in the 9″ pie pan**. Spread the dough up the sides of the pan.
10. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese directly to the dough and then cover with the sauce you made earlier.
11. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan or soy parmesan of choice and basil.
*If the dough is really crumbly, add some water to help hold it all together so that you may form dough into a ball.
**I made only 1 pie and froze the other half of the dough and saved the extra cheese and sauce. Feel free to do the same. Otherwise grease two pie pans and use all ingredients to make two pizza pies.